What's a Girl to Do?

A little bit about the trials and tribulations of being a 30 something single woman.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Well, well, well!

I decided on Monday to send Cute Boy a quick text just to say I hoped he had a good 1st week at his new job. I phrased it in such a way that was clear that I didn't expect any response, and yet I got one! Let me just say now, that I am the kind of person who does those kind of little things because I know how happy it makes me when people send me quick notes like that (no matter who they are from). So, that started a round of texting for the afternoon and Cute Boy again fishing for an invitation over. Since I was curious about what happened the previous week with his smothered feelings (and I'm really attracted to him and wanted to see him) I extended the invitation. He came over and we immediately began making out. I know, I should have questioned him and found out what the deal was first, but did I mention he is totally cute and a great kisser???

Anyway, after about 40 minutes we did have a conversation about the smothered feeling and he basically had freaked himself out. He was afraid that I was getting too attached to him. I told him that he really shouldn't have made that assumption, he should have asked me. I assured him that no matter what he asked me I would give him the truth, not what I thought he wanted to hear. So when he asked I told him I enjoyed spending time with him, but that I was also dating other people. It was interesting how relaxed he suddenly became! He then asked me out to dinner for later in the week. We went out again, spent 30 minutes making out in the parking lot (I now have a dust free spot on my truck - very obvious as to what was going on). He has also told me twice that he is going to miss me when I'm gone (I'm traveling for an entire week). I'm not sure I understand, but I'm taking everything much cooler than before. I also think these are very encouraging signs.

But I am definitely protecting my heart with this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home