What's a Girl to Do?

A little bit about the trials and tribulations of being a 30 something single woman.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Totally Confused

OK, now I'm totally confused! After Cute Boy told me he wasn't feeling well on Saturday I texted him back and said I hoped he felt better. I also texted him later that evening, just to say hi. I went ahead with my weekend, emailing a couple of guys on Match.com and accepting an invitation to watch football Sat night with the Triathlete. I then quickly cancelled since that was going to be the first time I'd met him in person and I started thinking about it and decided that it just wasn't a good idea. I didn't know, he could be a serial killer or something. I did make plans to have lunch with him on Sunday. Sunday came along and I went to lunch with Triathlete. After lunch I texted Cute Boy once and Singer - made evening plans with Singer, then spent most of the next three hours in various Sprint stores trying to get my phone fixed (I eventually had to get a new phone). I went to the dog park and dinner with Singer and then went home. Monday I got a call from the Personal Trainer and he came over and we spent the day together - that was very unexpected but very pleasant! That evening I was on Match and saw that Cute Boy was online so I shot him a quick email saying, "Hey you! Saw you were online and just wondering how you're doing?" Again, nothing in return, but he did get off within about 15 minutes of me sending him an email.

I shot Cute Boy a quick text this morning wishing him a good morning and asked if he was starting his new job today. I actually got a response this time, he said yes he was starting his new job and, "I'm going to need some space. Sadly I'm feeling a bit smothered. Sorry." What am I supposed to do with this?? I can't imagine what to say to that. I told him I didn't mean to smother him, but I was a bit confused and hoped we could talk about it, but he could have all the space he needed. I really want to call him up and say, "You told me to keep you company while you were out of town, so I texted you everyday last week just like we had done the week before (you said you liked that and you responded every time - even initiated some days). I've been seeing other people because I don't want to pin all my hopes on you. You texted me on Friday night looking for an invitation to come over and so that's what I did. We enjoyed each other and then you left Sat morning. I only asked you about Sat night 'cause we had previous plans. How am I smothering you? I did text you a couple of times over the weekend, but in two days I don't think three texts and an email is the equivalent to smothering." I know I can't call him and say those things because then I will just validate everything he thinks about the smothering. I feel like I he gave me mixed messages about what he wanted from me. Now I'm really glad I hadn't slept with him and that I've been seeing other people. He did tell me to protect my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home