Mini Absence
I was gone last week for two trips. The first was to my family's home for my niece's first birthday. I was there Friday through Monday night. It was lovely to see all my sisters and my niece. It is amazing how quickly she changes and grows. When I was home last month she was just barely walking and now she is walking everywhere! She is such a little cutie!
I flew home on Monday night and got into town around 7:30pm. The problem was that my luggage didn't show up until 11:30pm. Well, since I've always been told to make lemonade when I've been given lemons, so I called Traveler and we had dinner and hung out for a couple of hours. By the end of the evening I was hoping he'd kiss me, but alas, no kiss. He and I have hung out a couple of times and we talk a couple of times a week, but it is hard to see him since he travels extensively for his job (he's gone most weekdays). I had to hang out with him Monday night since I was flying out Tuesday morning for a work trip and I needed my luggage.
My work trip was to Taos. While the scenery was beautiful, I was also struck by the poverty of the area. The drive from Albuquerque to Taos was stunning and left me stunned. I don't think I'd ever want to live out there, but visiting was nice.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home