What's a Girl to Do?

A little bit about the trials and tribulations of being a 30 something single woman.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Traveling

I was out of town last week for business/pleasure. I'm lucky enough to be able to combine the two when I need (plus it saves me the cost of a plane ticket home). What really amuses me about visiting home is the fact that my family is a little crazy. The last two times I've been home my parents complain that I don't spend enough time with them (2 nights each time I went out with friends) so this trip I didn't tell any of my friends I was coming home. Hung out with the folks, only saw my sisters a couple of times, and then my parents were there too. On Tuesday my mom asks what I'm doing that night because dad was playing cards with his friends. I got the impression I had spent too much time with them, but I loved every minute of it! I miss my parents and wish they lived closer.

My work trip took me to College Station, TX home of Texas A&M University and all the crazy Aggies. Like most college towns, most of the people I knew when I lived there have moved away, but there were some food places I was looking forward to frequenting. I went to Freebirds, best burritos ever (puts Chipotle to shame) and then to Rudy's BBQ (love me some mesquite smoke flavor - yum!!). I'm sure there are better, fancier places to go, but those were the places I'd been missing for 5 years! I really have to say, I love College Station; the people are all so friendly and it has a very nice small town feel. It also has all the amenities of a college town and is close enough to Houston that one can access any of the culture one wants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home